- Rochester Inst. of Tech. 1979 BA
- Cal. Western 1982 JD
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Southern Cal. Defense Counsel
- Advocacy Honors Board
- National Order of Barristers
- National Groundwater Association
- Water Assoc. of Kern County
- California State Bar
- U.S. Dist. Court, Eastern CA
- North Carolina State Bar
- U.S. Dist. Court, Western NC
- Kern County Bar Association
Mr. Zimmer graduated with Highest Honors from Rochester Institute of Technology in 1979. In Law School he served on the Law Review and was published. He also was intensely involved and received honors in Appellate Moot Court Competition. Mr. Zimmer began his legal career in Kern County as a Kern County Deputy District Attorney prosecuting cases from 1982 to 1987. He has extensive jury trial and courtroom experience and has tried cases in most of the Kern County courts. As a civil litigator with the law firm of Clifford & Brown, he has gained extensive civil litigation experience over the past twenty plus (20+) years involving a wide variety of business disputes, agricultural matters, water and environmental issues, employment matters, oil and gas matters, personal injury cases, etc. He has an individual “AV” rating with Martindale-Hubbell, a widely respected and relied upon rating system for attorneys.
Because of his extensive litigation experience, including over one hundred (100) trials to verdict, along with his broad based civil litigation experience, he often handles large litigation disputes in numerous practice areas.
Mr. Zimmer’s unique and extensive civil, administrative and criminal litigation background, including business, water and environmental litigation, provide him with a unique skill set not commonly found among water, environmental and business attorneys. His current practice consists of approximately 60% water and environmental issues and 40% business litigation matters. Some of Mr. Zimmer’s achievements and career highlights include:
• Mr. Zimmer has litigated over 100 trials to verdict.
• 20+ years extensive civil litigation practice litigating multi-million dollar business disputes, personal injury and environmental disputes; Kern County Prosecutor
• Recent trial result: 4.5m plaintiff’s verdict
• Continuing involvement in two of the largest groundwater adjudication cases in California history in the Santa Maria Valley and Antelope Valley.