California is the fourth largest producer of oil in the United States, preceded only by Alaska, Texas and Louisiana. Many of the top ten oil and gas fields in the United States are in California. The complexity of the legal issues facing operators, drilling, refining and service companies in the industry necessitates the assistance of attorneys with specialized knowledge and expertise. As a result, Clifford & Brown has developed for its oil, gas and energy clients a broad range of services, including:
- Entity selection and formation
- Employment and labor policy
- Entity dissolution and reformation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Contracts and transactions
- Leases and leasehold interests
- Taxation and tax planning
- Debt recovery and asset protection
- Regulatory compliance
- Intellectual property law
- Administrative proceedings
- Litigation and arbitration of disputes
Clifford & Brown has earned a position of respect in the industry by developing effective strategies to address the myriad issues confronting energy clients in today’s environment. Capitalizing on its solid transaction and litigation foundation, the firm provides comprehensive legal advice and services to its energy, oil and gas clients.
Please visit our Attorneys’ biographies to learn more about the skills and experience each is ready to offer you or your business, or feel free to contact us to discuss how Clifford & Brown can meet your personal or business needs.